Do I have to book in advance or can I just turn up?
To help us keep you safe and enable social distancing, you must book a time slot for your visit in advance. If you are a few minutes late arriving, don’t worry, you can be admitted to the theatre within 30 minutes after the time on your ticket. (If you arrive outside this time interval we cannot guarantee admittance.)
Once inside the theatre you are welcome to spend as long her as you like – but do check our closing times, as there are performances on some days which mean we will close early.
What measures will be in place to keep me safe during COVID?
We will take all reasonable measures to ensure your safety and to promote social distancing throughout the site. These include:
- Signage encouraging social distancing and regular handwashing will be displayed throughout the theatre.
- Roped and/or socially distanced queueing systems will be in place where necessary.
- Perspex screening will be used at all retail and information points.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided for visitors at the entrance to the toilets.
- Toilets will be cleaned regularly.
- Narrow paths will be designated one way and signage provided to help visitors move around the site safely.
- Handrails throughout the theatre will be cleaned every two hours.
- Staff will be provided with necessary levels of protective clothing for their task.
- Catering staff will wear disposable gloves, aprons and face masks during food preparation.
- All equipment and work surfaces will be regularly cleaned.
Will I have to give my contact details for Track and Trace?
Yes. In accordance with new Track and Trace rules, we are required to record the contact details of every adult member of your party when you visit the Minack or attend a performance. When you arrive, we’ll ask you to scan the track and trace app at the theatre entrance. If you don’t have the app, you’ll need to give your name and phone number. This information will not be used for any purpose other than the government’s Track and Trace programme. After 21 days, it will be destroyed.
Will I need to wear a mask?
We ask visitors to wear face coverings while in the toilets if possible. We also recommend their use when in close proximity to other people – e.g. when moving about the theatre.
Will I need to show proof of vaccination when I visit?
No, we do not require you to have proof of vaccination.
Why are there no morning or afternoon visiting slots on some days?
If there are no visiting slots available then it means there is a performance on stage during the morning or afternoon. Parking and access to the theatre gardens is included in the price of the performance ticket.
What if I miss my arrival time, can I still get in?
You can arrive at any time during the 30 minute slot you have booked.
If you have made an advance booking but arrive outside the 30 minute time slot, admission will be at the discretion of the team managing the theatre capacity.
What if I book an advance ticket but am unable to visit on the day?
If you have a valid admission ticket but have been unable to use it, you will still be eligible for free readmission within 12 months (subject to booking another time slot in advance).
What if I’m unwell?
If you or anyone in your household is unwell, please do not visit the Minack. Your admission ticket makes you eligible for free readmission within 12 months.
Can I put my name on a waiting list for a ticket?
We regret that there are no waiting lists for visitor or performance tickets.