We are closed
We hope you are safe and well in this difficult time.
As with everyone else in the country, the current situation has had a significant impact on Minack. and our Box Office team are working exceptionally hard to contact patrons regarding show cancellations and postponements.
If you haven’t heard from us yet, don’t worry. We will get to you and all refunds for cancelled shows will be honoured.
Our site including the car park and all facilities is CLOSED.
Find out more here… Latest Information
If you are visiting during the day . . . .
- The Minack is built on a cliff side. The site includes lots of steep steps. There is access for wheelchairs and disabled visitors to the top levels of the site, including the café, shop, toilets exhibition and a balcony with great views over the theatre and the bay. Due to the terrain, there is no disabled access to the stage or the lower levels of the auditorium. See our Accessibility page for more information.
- Parts of the theatre are steep, and the terraces are grass covered, so we advise visitors to wear sensible footwear.
- The roads to the Minack are narrow and busy. Please take a look at our Getting Here page.
- Dogs are welcome during visiting hours.
Please note: not all facilities will be available when we reopen.
If you intend to buy tickets for a performance . . . .
- Our seating is on concrete or grass, cushions with supporting backrests may be hired in the theatre.
- Due to space limitations, wheeled buggies and other infant seating cannot be accommodated at performances.
- In common with standard theatre practice, money can only be refunded if a performance is cancelled.
- Performances are only cancelled in extreme conditions, we do play in the rain!
- The use of umbrellas is not permitted during performances, in consideration of other audience members.
- If the weather looks dodgy for a performance, check our website, we'll keep you updated.
- We regret that no dogs (except guide dogs by arrangement) will be admitted to performances (except storytelling events where they are allowed at the very top of the theatre only and not on the seating areas).