Be prepared ...
If you’ve not visited Minack previously, here are some tips that may help you….
- The Minack is built on a cliff side. Entry is at your own risk.
- The site is steep and includes many steps.
- Surfaces may be slippery in wet weather, we advise you to wear sensible footwear.
- Step free access is available to the top levels of the theatre including the café, shop, toilets, exhibition and great views over the theatre and the bay.
- There is no step free access to the stage or the lower levels of the auditorium. See Access page.
- Auditorium seating is on turf or concrete, you may wish to bring a cushion or rug to sit on.
- Matinees can be very hot, we suggest you wear a hat for comfort and bring sun cream.
- It can get cold quickly in the evening, bring warm clothing even if the day has been hot.
- Wheeled buggies and other infant seating are not admitted at any time for safety reasons.
- Performances are only cancelled in extreme conditions, we do play in the rain!
- No dogs (except guide dogs) will be admitted to performances. At other times, well-behaved dogs on short leads are welcome.