The Minack is not only a working theatre, but also a busy daytime visitor attraction. This means we can offer work experience students the opportunity to gain experience in two different industries.
During the day we are open for visitors to look around the theatre and explore the beautiful sub-tropical gardens and intricate architecture, and to discover the unique story of Miss Cade and how she created this wonderful place.
Visitor Service placements will include:
- Greeting customers on arrival
- Assisting with garden maintenance
- Shadow duty manager (Sunday only)
- Assisting with admin duties assigned by the Education Officer
- Working in the retail outlet (only when Covid restrictions are lifted)*
- Working in the take-away outlet (only when Covid restrictions are lifted)*
- Working in ticket sales for day visitors and theatre performances (only when Covid restrictions are lifted)*
Event and Performance placements will include:
- Working alongside the Front of House team, showing customers to their seats.
- Backstage roles (on some Minack-produced productions)
- Assisting on our education programme workshops and Plays in a Day (these are occasional events and some may take place at weekends. Participation will be dependent on your work experience dates.)
Working days and times will vary. Although work experience placements are typically Monday-Friday, we are open 7 days a week and often have workshops and events happening at the weekends which provide excellent experience opportunities for students.
If you are interested in work experience, please email [email protected]
You must include:
- Your name
- Your age and school year
- The name of your school
- A short statement describing the reasons why you would like to gain work experience at the Minack Theatre and detailing which areas you are interested in.
Following application you will be invited to an informal interview at the Minack with our Education Officer, Kim Nicholls. Please bring with you any paperwork from your school relating to your work experience placement. We also encourage a parent/guardian to accompany you to this meeting.