The Second World War made a huge impact on the theatre. The beaches of Cornwall were potential landing places for an invasion so the Minack was closed for the duration, and became home to barbed wire and fortifications.
After the war, much of the theatre had to be re-built and a pill box became the first box office when the theatre reopened with Tristan of Cornwall in August 1951. The pill box remained in use until 1998 when the shop and café were built. The exhibition centre which tells the story of the theatre, past and present, was created in 1986 along with the toilet block at the top of the theatre.