We are committed to sustainability and protecting the environment.
Key elements include:
- We promote recycling throughout the site and encourage customers to take their rubbish home.
- We use low energy hand driers and low energy bulbs throughout the site where possible.
- Through measured-flow taps and upgraded toilets, we aim to ensure water use is well controlled.
- Our menus are designed to minimise food waste.
- Cornish based companies are used whenever commercially possible.
- All our print materials are printed on paper from managed renewable sources using environmentally friendly vegetable inks.
- All our garden waste is composted on site.
- Visitors coming to look around who arrive by bus receive discounted entry.
- We work with a local coach company to provide transport for customers to evening performances.
- Our educational programme provides opportunities for local children to develop theatre skills and learn about the history of our unique theatre.
- We work with St Levan Parish Council, the Porthcurno Valley Partnership and the Porthcurno Resident’s Association to address local issues.
- Future plans include looking at how we heat our buildings in the winter months and whether we can store rainwater for our irrigation needs.